Thursday, November 5, 2009

Breakfast ideas

Thanks to a new friend I have met whom was recently diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, I am going to be better about updating my food blog to give her and others ideas of healthier things to eat. By no means am I an expert but I enjoy good food and finding alternative ways to make things healthier but still yummy to eat.


These are Morning Star sausage patties.... (they are vegetarian) Don't be afraid, they are good!


per 1 sausage patty:

3 grams fat

3 carbs

80 calories

10 grams protein

*There is also a maple syrup flavor that is available at certain locations. It is yummy but higher in carbs (5 grams per patty I think... but still not bad!).

You can get a big box of the patties at Costco for a price break, but I know you can get a smaller box at Walmart & Frys.

I eat 2 of these sausage patties for breakfast usually along with some type of bread/cracker bread. I like Melba Snacks rounds/roasted garlic flavor .... (can get them at walmart)


*Photos courtesy of Google images

1 comment:

Naomi said...

I feel special!! :o)